Full website coming soon
The First Name in Lottery FundraisingContact us
S.O. Asher Consultants PTY LTD.
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct
Responsible Gambling Message
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. is a professional services firm contracted by community or charitable organizations to design, develop and manage raffle programs.
In our capacity as a Commercial Raffle Organiser in Victoria, we are committed to the responsible sale of raffle tickets in support of community and charitable organizations.
Responsible Gambling Information
- Gambling support services are available through Gambling Help Online at www.gamblinghelponline.org.au or by freecall to the 24-hour helpline on 1800 858 858.
- All tickets will be issued after payment have been verified by the professional services firm responsible for ticket issuance. There will be no provision of credit or the lending of any money by S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. for the purposes of purchasing raffle tickets.
Gambling Product Information
The terms and conditions for the conduct of a raffle will be available on the applicable permit holder’s raffle website as well as printed on the ticket and/or information material designed to promote the raffle.
This information will include how to order a ticket and the chances of winning based on the total number of ticket available.
Interaction with Customers
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will assist customers who request information about help with a gambling problem. This information will include referral details to a Gambler’s Help telephone service and/or information materials prepared by Gambler’s Help services.
Interaction with Staff
Staff and managers of S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. are not permitted to purchase tickets for lotteries managed by S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. Staff members who are displaying indicators of distress that may be related to problem gambling will be offered appropriate information (ie. Gamblers Help) and assistance.
Interaction with Problem Gambling Support Services
The Managing Director of S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will contact Gambler’s Help services annually to obtain updated publications and any changes to contact details or available services.
Compliance with the prohibition on gambling by minors
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will not target a promotion or sales campaign at minors and will not knowingly sell raffle tickets to minors. Minimum age for ticket purchase is 18 years old.
Complaints about a breach of the Code may be directed to S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. on 0410 542 557. Complaints may also be reported to the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC).
The Gambling Environment
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will discourage repeatedly excessive purchase of tickets by customers. To achieve this we will:
- Check the database of regular ticket purchasers to detect a pattern of excessive purchase.
- Not engage in hard/pressure sales techniques.
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will not cash customer’s cheques or extend credit to customers to purchase raffle tickets. Customers will be advised of this at the time if they request such a service.
Prizes of cash are not permitted in Victoria by law except that cash may form up to 10 percent of a travel prize.
Responsible Advertising Promotions
In our capacity as a Commercial Raffle Organiser in Victoria, S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will work to ensure any advertising and promotions in relation to a client’s (permit holder’s) raffle will:
- Comply with the advertising code of ethics adopted by the Australian Association of National Advertisers.
- Not be false or misleading or deceptive about odds, prizes or the chances of winning.
- Have the consent of any person identified as a winning ticket holder prior to publication.
- Not be offensive or indecent in nature.
- Not create an impression that entering a raffle is a reasonable strategy for financial betterment.
- Not promote the consumption of alcohol while buying raffle tickets.
S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will incorporate the above standards into its advertising checklist and will assess all proposed advertising against these standards.
Processes and Structures to Support the Ongoing Implementation of the Code.
- Responsible Gambling matters will be a standing item for Board and staff meetings.
- A Responsible Gambling Officer will be identified among senior staff to:
a. Handle more difficult customer contacts.
b. Liaise with Gambler’s Help services to obtain relevant information, advice and training and make this available to staff and customers.
c. Induct new staff members to ensure they are informed about responsible gambling issues and the Code.
d. Handle responsible gambling issues raised by staff.
Code Review Process
- S.O. Asher Consultants Pty Ltd. will review its Code each year on the anniversary of its commencement.
- Input will be obtained from management and staff about the operation and effectiveness of the Code.
- A report of the review will be provided to the VGCCC by 30 June each year or longer period allowed by the VGCCC.